Friday, June 24, 2005

Confessions

“I don’t do this often.. in fact never..” this is my line. I use this almost in every possible situation imaginable in a social lifetime.

Last night, I was up till three in the night(morning) talking to a stranger online about how life treats its owners. I don’t do this often, in fact never. That was my first time a public chatroom, a depression support one at that.

What started out as an insensitive prank turned into a therapeutic session. I was told its liberating to confess, apparently it puts phantoms of the past to sleep. There are these little boxes in the church where a padre sits listening to sinners admit to their follies. They call them confession chambers. In the comfort of anonymity, one can find solace in strangers. I don’t know.. I am not too spiritual sort of girl.

But I thought I found one of those boxes yesterday. They call them Yahoo IM chatboxes. Who knew, a 32 year old house wife in Ohio would turn out to be my best shrink! Well.. what can I say.. mysterious are His ways.

Btw, seen this?

5 comments:

Teleute said...

thank u! thank u! i love m hair ;D

bt evryone keeps tellin me i look like a total kid in d pic. hw deflatin :-C

Arindam said...

should get to know you better...

i need to go "confess" sometime soon. the idea of taking a year off is kinda getting sucky. *sigh*

especially when your parents are disgruntled and prickly with everything you do and all your friends (whatever few you have) are miles away...

perhaps putting phantoms away is a good idea - but how? haven't found a solution yet...looking desperately. *deeper sigh*

lovely poem btb... thanks... had the choco-shock effect... you wrote it?

and pardon the long comment...got carried away. :P

Anvita Thapliyal said...

i dunno wat to say, so i'll say this- thank you for the link to post secret....it was lovely

Arindam said...

ahem! coff coff even.

them limericks of mine were churned out at a moment when i was rather high...and not in the right state of affairs. was funny how i remembered them till now.

thanks, even then. yours was good too. really. no courtesies and all. plain truth.

Oneirodynic said...

There is something called http://grouphug.us/ where you can make anonymous online confessions.Something which i browse a lot,and stuff with f-words describing my current mood!